Gala Awards 2019
Canberra Women in Business (CWB) acknowledges that our members’ business achievements often go unrecognised and wishes to pay tribute to those women who put in an outstanding effort in their chosen vocation.
The annual CWB Awards serve to:
- Encourage, acknowledge and reward valuable contributions and outstanding achievements,
- Focus on small to medium size businesses and individuals providing leadership and initiative,
- Enhance the social, economic, commercial and environmental prosperity of the Canberra region.
Canberra Women in Business invites members and non members to enter the awards.
Applications close: October 10th 2019
Judging: Finalists to be announced October 2st1 2019. Award finalists will be announced in the Canberra Weekly.
Awards Presentation: The award winners will be announced at the Rubik3 CWB GALA AWARDS dinner to be held on Thursday November 7th at The National Arboretum. Finalists will be presented with their certificates by the Chief Minister at an invite only event prior to the Gala Event at the National Arboretum.
|AWARD||WHAT IT IS FOR?|
|This award is for the woman who demonstrates leadership, tenacity, compassion, encouragement, pursuit of excellence and is a role model for other businesswomen, by implementing new initiatives in the workplace, being visionary and providing employment opportunities.|
Indigenous Business Woman
|This award is for the Indigenous woman who demonstrates leadership, tenacity, compassion, encouragement, pursuit of excellence and is a role model for other businesswomen, by implementing new initiatives in the workplace, being visionary and providing employment opportunities.|
Small Business Award (under 20 people)
Open to businesses
|This award is for a business that has up to 20 employees that have shown excellence in growth, both financially and in the number of clients, and demonstrates innovative ideas in business and marketing. This award will recognise those businesses|
Micro Business Award (under 3 people)
Open to businesses
|This award is for the business that has up to 3 employees that have shown excellence in growth, both financially and in the number of clients, and demonstrates innovative ideas in business and marketing. This award will also recognise those women-led businesses and the work they have done in their industry to promote diversity and the role of women.|
Open to individuals
|This award is for the woman who demonstrates leadership, tenacity, compassion, encouragement, pursuit of excellence and is a role model for other businesswomen in the field of For Purpose Business or Social Enterprise. This award will recognise those unsung heroes who help build our social economy, who work for the most vulnerable in our community, to make it a better place for all.|
Open to businesses
|This award is for the business that best demonstrates excellence in the areas of science, technology, and innovation, and is a role model for women and girls wanting to pursue careers or businesses in these fields. This award will recognise growth, both financially and in the number of clients, and the application of new ideas for business opportunities|
Public Service Award
Open to organisations
|This award is for the woman working in the public sector who demonstrates leadership, tenacity, compassion, encouragement, pursuit of excellence and is a role model for other women. This award will recognise those women who are instrumental in implementing new initiatives in the workplace, being visionary and promoting and supporting diversity in their workplace.|
Mentor of the Year
Open to individuals
|This award is for the individual who best demonstrates a history of supporting, guiding and helping other women in business, whether in their own industry or others. The winner will be a woman who best demonstrates a passion for bringing other women along with her, and showing that when women work together great things happen and can change lives.|
Am I eligible?
To be eligible to enter the 2109 Rubik3 CWB awards you must meet the following criteria:
- You are a business owner, manager or work in an organisation, department or company
- You reside and work in the ACT or surrounding region
- You are an Australian citizen
- You are not serving on the CWB committee
- You are not on the judging panel and have not been involved in the judging in the past
- If entering the Young Business Woman Award you are 35 years old or under
- You have not previously won the award for the category in which you are entering.
- A framed commemorative certificate,
- a trophy,
- permission to display the Rubik3CWB Awards winner logo,
- Canberra Weekly cover and editorial, and
- inclusion in press releases,
- promotion on the CWB website,
- opportunities to present at CWB 2019 events in 2019
Our Judging Panel consists of a panel or leaders in their fields, including business, for purpose, social enterprise, government, science and technology and community sectors. Judges are not allowed to simultaneously serve on the committee and the judging panel. A judge is excluded from entering the awards.
Each submission is scored on presentation and content. All questions must be answered within the prescribed word count. Once all entries have been assessed the judges will shortlist the most outstanding candidates for each category. Shortlisted entrants will be notified that they are finalists. Finalists are expected to attend the awards gala dinner.
ENTRIES CLOSE MIDNIGHT Thursday, October 10th 2019
- Entry is open to all CWB members and non-members.
- Eligibility for entry is dependent on the award category and may be open to businesses, organisations and/or individuals.
- An entrant must complete the introduction form.
- Entry form for each award has a limit of not more than 1500 words.
- Entry to multiple award categories is allowed.
- Each category requires a separate entry form.
- Entry must be submitted via the link received upon accepting the nomination.
- Young Business Woman of the Year entrants must provide a copy of a ‘Proof of Age’ document.
- Supporting documents and photographs must be provided with your entry and clearly labelled.
It is assumed that all entrants are ‘environment-friendly’ and are fulfilling all compliance obligations in relation to their business.
- Nominations and supporting material remain the property of the CWB Awards office and will not be returned. You may include commercial-in-confidence material.
- Entrant must agree to any local, interstate or national marketing and media publicity associated with the awards. Your photograph and overview section of your entry information may be used for publicity purposes.
- Sponsors are ineligible to enter.
- All entrants who are notified a finalist will be able to use ‘Finalist 2019 Rubik3 CWB Awards’ and a logo (provided after the Awards announcements) for future advertising.
- All finalists are expected to attend the Gala Awards dinner, at own cost, on Thursday, November 7th 2019 at the National Arboretum.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Nominations MUST arrive at the CWB office no later than MIDNIGHT (12 AM) Thursday, October 10th 2019. Late entries will not be considered.